Monday, June 29, 2009

No longer nameless...

Since Tika's registered name is "Olympic Gold" and Kohlman's is "Steel and Flames", I decided to name the puppies after Olympic gold medalists. All of these athletes have multiple gold medals from multiple olympics, but each of them set records at the Salt Lake City winter games. I am calling the big boy Polo, after Apollo Anton Ohno (speed skater... more medals than any other in history). The little boy is Bode, after Bode Miller (ski jumper). Big girl is Julie, after Julia Mancuso (Snowboarding... first woman snowboarder to get a gold). Little girl is Picabo, after Picabo Street (Downhill Skiing... oldest woman ever to medal in skiing).
Everyone is up and playing now. They all have cute little personalities so far and I am really looking forward to see how the pups grow up. The play sessions are really short right now, so hard to get pictures but I did get a few. Enjoy.
Here is Bode killing the Santa dog...
It's not dead yet...
Julie really wants something on the other side of the fence.
Polo and his favorite toy of the day, the reindeer.

Play hard, then crash.

2 comments:

Windsor Shelties said...

Very cute Kristin I like the names too.

Chrissy

Shannalee, Akadia Shelties said...

So kewt and I like the names also,, even though I have a Jewelee... ;)
I like Julie and Polo bestest right now.