Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Where's the snow??




I never thought I would say that.... Usually, I dread the snow fall, mainly because it brings cold weather with it. This year, I keep finding myself saying, "if only it would snow..." It is just so cold, and it seems like snow at least makes the cold tolerable. You know, there is a reason for the cold, be it skiing, snowshoing, etc. I went for a hike today and kept thinking how odd it was to be able to hike this time of year. It has been frigid in the mornings, but I have been acclimating well. Yesterday, it got up to 45 and I was plenty warm in a t-shirt.


Tika loves the snow. I don't think she is outside as much any other time of year as she is during the winter. She likes to sit on the highest snow piles. I take her hiking in the winter and she barrels through the snow drifts, hopping like a deer. It's hysterical. The first snow of every year, she gets the zoomies and rips around the yard with her nose in the snow. The picture is from one of our hikes, overlooking Salt Lake Valley.

2 comments:

Shannalee, Akadia Shelties said...

I've been thinking the same thing except since Derek drives to Jackson every day now, I am thankful that there isn't any snow. Of course the snow machines we bought last year aren't getting much use!

EriknGus said...

Sounds like you two are having a blast! Love the pics. Wish we were there!