Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Agility Trial

Well, we had a four day agility trial this weekend which was absolutely a blast.  I am thoroughly enjoying running a speed demon like Gyp.  I was really pleased with how she ran, but I was especially pleased with her contacts.  She has improved ten fold from what she was doing at the last trial.  I can now leave her and trust that she will hit the contact.  She is also reading me more and has really tightened her turns, although there is still some work to be done on that front.  I also found another hole in the training.  Gyp's weave poles need some work... okay, lots of work.  She popped quite a few times this weekend and missed a number of entries.  So, that is my project for the next couple weeks.  We almost got double Qs both Sunday and Monday, were it not for the last class.  Sunday, I had issues - tweaked my ankle on the way into the ring and couldn't run.  Today, she didn't see the broad jump and hit it.  Still, I am absolutely thrilled with the runs!  Today in standard, she was 27 seconds under time and in jumpers was way under time, with a 24 second run.  I am so proud!

And then there is Tika, who didn't run this weekend.  She just hung out at the trial, since she is very pregnant.   She is due two weeks from today; I can't wait!  I took these pictures at the farm last week and had to share.  Yet again, I'm very proud of my girls.  Tika will go in for an xray to count the puppies either this Thursday or next Monday.  Will keep everyone posted.
That's it for now.  Gyp is barking in her sleep behind me, and Tika is passed out on my bed.  I think I'll go join them in taking a nap before work.

2 comments:

Laureate said...

You know, it wasn't until I saw the photo of you running with the Border that I recognized you! You were at Tom's seminar in Salt Lake City last year, weren't you?

Anyway, love the photos...good luck with your upcoming litter, that sounds exciting! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures.

Take care, Kim

Kristin said...

Yes indeed, I was at Tom's seminar.
Thanks