Wednesday, May 13, 2009

great day at the farm

It was an absolutely stunning day today at the farm.  Finally, the skies were blue and the sun came out, resulting in a nice, warm day.  There was a slight breeze to keep it cool, but I was finally able to enjoy a day in a t-shirt.  YAY!!  
Anyway, I have been working at the farm a few days a week doing whatever Shauna needs me to do.  I have done some sheep work, including worming and vaccinating and the all exciting foot trimming, which was yesterday's task.  I trimmed about 90 sheep's feet... wow, 360 feet.  No wonder I'm a little sore today.  Anyway, besides foot trimming, I have been working on fencing our new pasture.  The fence was terrible, so I spent 1 1/2 days pulling fencing up and retying it onto t-posts.  Then I spent another day completely refencing, mostly on one side of the pasture, but wherever it was needed.  That was today's job.  Here are a couple pictures of the farm...
and the pasture I was working on.  I kept the sheep with me to graze throughout the day.  They were happy, and so was Gyp because I took a few breaks throughout the day to work her.
Anyway, since Tika is resting up being pregnant, she has decided she is the queen of the 4-wheeler.  I won't let her run with it, so she gets to ride instead.  Although she would prefer to run, she seems pretty content to stake her claim on the vehicle.
By the end of the day, both girls were tuckered out.  Tika passed out on top of the 4-wheeler, sprawled across the seat, and Gyp found a comfy spot on the grass in the shade.  I couldn't resist the pictures.
I love this one... Tika was trying so hard to stay awake, but she was so tired and started dozing off, just long enough for me to snap this shot.

Gyp, on the other hand, didn't even try to stay awake.  Here she is, peaceful as can be.  Wouldn't it be nice?

1 comment:

Cool Design Shelties said...

Really great pictures....loves the one where Tika sleeps on the tractor and where she plays tractor driver :o) Good luck with the upcoming delivery :o)

//Bente